Things to know for the First Day of Camp
Camp Hours: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Morning Extended Care: 8.30 AM – 9:00 AM
Afternoon Extended Care: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Camp Imagineerz is at three locations:
Palo Alto: Herbert Hoover Elementary School, 445 E Charleston Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306
- Los Altos: 12816 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
- If Cupertino, we will be at:
- (For all weeks except week of Aug. 13th ) Bethel Lutheran School, 10181 Finch Ave, Cupertino, CA 95014
- (For Aug. 13th, 14th, and 15th) Portal Park (through Cupertino Recreation Department)
Drop-off is from 8.45am to 9.15am
Monday mornings are special – that’s the day you will need to check your child in. What about all other days you ask? Curbside drop-off is an option from 8.45 AM to 9.15 AM! (Do we hear you gasp with joy?) 🙂
Pick-up is from 3:00 to 3:10 PM each day (unless your child is signed up for extended care). If anyone other than a parent will be picking up your child, please ensure that they are on the pick up list and ask them to bring their photo IDs for pick-up.
Late Pickup: We got this down! It’s a dollar a minute. Easy to remember and hopefully never used.
Yes, we are nuts, but we are nut-free! Please ensure that your child has the following everyday at camp:
A nut-free lunch.
A nut-free morning snack.
If your child is staying for extended care, please send a nut-free afternoon snack.
- We provide an icy treat to all children at the end of each camp day.
- Camp days are full of activity and children get hungry, so if your child is staying for Extended Care, please be sure to send an afternoon snack.
What should my child wear to camp?
Please ensure that your child has:
Casual clothing that can get dirty
Comfortable, closed-toe shoes
- (For Weekly camps only) On Wednesdays, we have water days for our weekly camps. Please send your child with swimwear under regular clothes, so changing is quick and easy.
What should my child bring to camp?
Please ensure that your child has the following at camp everyday:
- Lunch and Snacks
Sunscreen and Hat
(For Weekly camps only) Towel, swimsuit and water shoes for water day on Wednesday. (Please send your child with swimwear under regular clothes)
Can we bring anything for the Maker Space?
As campers use a variety of recycled materials for Maker Space projects, we would very much appreciate donations of the following items:
Cereal boxes (or any other card – lots of it! any of it! all of it!)
Toilet paper and paper towel tubes
- Paper bags
- Large yogurt containers
Important: Please do not bring any glass containers or styrofoam to camp to ensure safety and cleanliness for everyone on-site.
Special Days (Applicable to Weekly Camps Only)!
Please mark the following days and times on your calendars for the week(s) your child will be at camp (for weekly camps only – this does not apply to our Imagineerz for a Day camps):
- Thursday Parent Lab (8.40am to 9.25am): Interactive workshop for parents only – join us to learn how to reinforce i-Can! attitudes at home. This lab will be the same every week; plan to attend only once. You are welcome to bring any friends who might be interested.
- Friday i-Can! Socials (2.30pm to 3.00pm): Children will perform their play. Please join us for this as many weeks as you can! Invite your family and friends too!
Days that need a little prep (for weekly camps only – this does not apply to our Imagineerz for a Day camps):
- Wet Wednesdays (Water Play Day): Children will need a swimsuit, water shoes and a towel. Please send your child with swimwear under regular clothes to make changing quick and easy.
- Theme Thursdays: We go all out with a simple but special theme each Thursday, so ask the staff what the theme for the week is, get creative with your child and join the fun! 🙂
How can I contact Camp Imagineerz during camp?
For general questions or after camp hours:
- Contact us at 650-318-5002 .
- Regular updates from camp will be posted on our Facebook page. Like our page to see camp in action!
During camp hours, you can contact your specific location via the Camp Director:
- PALO ALTO: Lady Picnic (a.k.a. Megan Henry): 510-883-3046, email@example.com
- LOS ALTOS: Raven (a.k.a. Rebekkah Scharf): 408-202-7453, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CUPERTINO: Drama Mama (a.k.a Yanelly De La Rosa): 408 724 8560, email@example.com