SEL Read Aloud: Anything Is Possible by Giulia Belloni
When a sheep observes a flock of birds flying overhead, she is inspired to create a flying machine in order to see the world the way they do. She approaches her friend, a wolf, to help. He is initially skeptical that it can be done, but ultimately agrees to help her. They work together to develop the sheep’s plan and test multiple prototypes, until they finally create one that works.
- In what ways was the sheep right? In what ways was the wolf right?
- Why do you think the book is written from the sheep’s perspective?
- What do you think was the most difficult part of the process for the sheep? Getting an idea? Convincing her friend to help? Crafting a plan? Something else?
- Do you identify as more of a dreamer or more of a realist?
- Do you believe that anything is possible? If not, where you do draw the line between what is impossible and what is simply really really really hard to do?
The image on this page comes from the book Anything Is Possible by Giulia Belloni. Copyright © 2013 by Giulia Belloni.